Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Noise coming from passenger dashboard area

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Rovin4life 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a 2006 LR3. About a week ago I noticed a noise coming from the passenger dashboard/windshield area. It only happens when I am going 55mph+. For lack of a better description, it sounds like a watch rattleing or a zipper hitting the zipper teeth. It is extremely annoying and I have to make a 10hr drive tomorrow on the interstate. Any ideas on what could be causing this noise or how to stop it? Thanks

#3 ·
Thanks. I checked, what I think the be the A-pillar exterior trim, and all looks to be intact. Has anyone else had this issue? I had to get a chip on my windshield replaced at the dealership a couple weeks ago. Do they take off the windshield for that or could that have "jarred" anything?

#4 ·
SideView... thanks you were correct. I took my LR3 to the dealership today and the had to reseal some exterior trim. They also identifed something under the windshield wipers that was dry rotted and a malfunction with the "recirculation" feature on the A/C. The last repair is a 3hr job so I am bringing it back when I have my next serivce appt. The best news is that all is covered under warranty. It's nice to have a quiet ride again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.