Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Please help. Need LR3 4.0 V6 coil pack order

8K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  enb54 
#1 · (Edited)
Afternoon all.

I'm trying to diagnose a misfire on cylinder 5, I have the Ford 4.0 V6 LR3. I'm not sure of plug wires/ignition coils order.

The service manual shows something different than Atlantic British.

The picture on the left is from service manual.

The picture on right is from AB. AB does refer to this as the "Cologne V6", I believe this is for LR3?

Thank you much!!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I initially cleaned my MAF and Throttle Body, and it worked perfectly for a day. In the end, I replaced all plugs, installed new wires and a new MAF sensor. She purrs now. I may as well replace the coils, for preventative maintenance.

I'm assuming the Atlantic British notes are for a different engine? They mention the "Cologne V6", I researched and the "Cologne" seems to be for my '06 LR3, maybe not.

The online service manual must be correct?

Thank you for checking.

#5 ·
Glad to hear you got it fixed properly, the online service manual appears to be correct, don't know what was going on with the AB document. If your machine is running fine, I wouldn't bother replacing the coils, but that's up to you. Keep having fun, am hoping to join the crowd after my engine replacement/repairs...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.