Radio Volume...Water? - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Radio Volume...Water?

Long story short...

06 LR3 HSE. Radio volume works 20% of the time. Comes on randomly. When it's not working, it's almost like the radio doesn't even recognize the knob - it doesn't say "Audio Volume" or show any of the volume numbers like when it's working.

Pooling water in passenger footwell. I have replaced passenger sunroof drain, warped windshield cowl and blew out both AC drains. It's drying out slowly.

Question...could the water be affecting my intermittent volume issue or does that sound amp or software related?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm surprised nobody replied, this is pretty common. I also have an 06, my experience is the water. I'll say 99% chance, yours is water as well. I know you replace the drain tubes, but they still periodically get clogged. Just need to poke down there with something, to clear out.

You could pour a little water down the sunroof drains (driver & pass), you'll know right away if it's clogged, should spill out somewhere in interior.

2006 LR3 V6 162,000 miles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 05:02 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Water may very well be your problem. My DII got wet at the front windshield and the radio stopped working; would not change channels and volume would play but not adjust up or down. It dried out and has been fine since.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
any resolution to this? i'm having the same problem. head unit does not recognize volume knob- so no sound. happened when i tried to use the aux jack. didn't have any issue before doing that. ugh
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 07:25 PM
Rover-Holic and Admin

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
There can also be water intrusion on the A Pillars due to leaks at the trim clip holes.

I cheated and drilled holes in the rockers to allow them to drain if there are leaks in the future

1972 MGB
2006 Bonatti Grey LR3 Proud Rhino Bumper, Baja Rack and TF underbody skid plates almost 33's lol
2007 Chawton White LR3 Proud Rhino lift rods
1983 Trident Green 110, TerraFirma suspension, and bumpers
1991 Range Rover Classic Hunter Eastnor Green

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
any fix?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Discovery 3 / LR3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in