Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Scan tool

10K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  reverendALC 
#1 ·
Can anyone recommend a resonable priced scan tool for my LR3. Having suspension fault issues. Thank you

#2 ·
For a full coverage with suspension issues on a LR3 you'll not find a cheap tool, depends what you consider ''reasonable"... for what it can do the GAP IID is not unreasonable but even though it's the best it's not cheap at all... the cheapest which covers the D3's suspension quite well is Foxwell NT520 (Land Rover/Jag) which is a multivehicle tool for all Land Rovers/Jaguars but very smart for it's price, for example https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOXWELL-NT...ANNER-TOOL-SRS-ABS-ENGINE-NT510-/182919905817 search one which is not out of stock.

#4 ·
Nanocom Evo II > Hawkeye Total > Gap IID > Delphi DS150E (need a Windows laptop) > Foxwell NT520 > guestimate the problems $$$$$

#5 ·
The Delphi is very limited with programming i dont recommend it, Nanocom and GAP have both full coverage but expensive, Hawkeye Total is not smarter at all than Foxwell but more expensive and needs additional dongles too

#8 ·
I dont know as the ICE is out of my area of interest but i dont think that any tester would cover that.

#7 ·
Thanks everyone i will look into all these. To clarify “reasonable” i dont need to reprogram anything or code keys. I just need to read and understand ( i have the service manual with code meaning from a previous post)what codes are being put forth. I changed both balve blocks and i was good for quite awhile but the suspension lights are back! I don’t expect anything “cheap” but i dont need the best either. Thx again

#11 ·
That ''much more" is in it's menu but doesnt work well...i had to use nanocom at least 5 times untill now to correct what they messed up with launch tester when it was in relation with the BCU. For the D2 is very unreliable IMO

#15 ·
Pshaw... A Nanocom pays for itself after a few uses. It saves you time and money from going to a mechanic to sort out Land Rover electrical problems.

#16 ·
I have both tools. If I wasn’t a power user, the foxwell would be fine.

but I am a power user who wants to program keys, flash ECU, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.