Suspension Fault , Compressor not running - should I change to coil over? Any quick f - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Suspension Fault , Compressor not running

Hello everyone

Iíve read a lot of posts that had to do with suspension faults, and they were helpful. However a couple of quirky things happened with my rover with timing of this failure that I wanted to start a thread to pick your brains. All help is much appreciated

I have 2005 LR3 with 197k miles. Itís been well maintained by its first and last owner before I bought it around 187k as a winter vehicle for me. I absolutely love this beast!

As soon as bought it a year ago I realized it was leaking air because whenever it was parked for 3-5 days it would be way low. It comes right back up when I start so I didnít bother to fix it, mostly due to the mileage and that would go coils when the compressor gave up. But i didnít feel like the compressor ran for more than 60sec at morning starts.

Yesterday I had it parked a bit wired with the passenger rear wheel up on a curb for about 45mins. When I drove off, I got the orange warning light and message ďsuspension fault normal height onlyĒ. Now itís changed to suspension fault special programs not available. And the car wonít raise itself. When I stop ignition and restart no errors, but within a minute it comes back on and I donít hear the compressor running.

Question 1: is it coincidence or did some sensor go whack when I had it parked crooked? I donít think so since the error isnít there when I start but comes on when it realizes the compressor isnít there to raise the car. Any quick checks I should do to trouble shoot? I already switched the relay with matching relay from windshield heater and no dice.

Question 2: considering itís age and that it has a leak, is it financial more viable to convert to coil using the kit from Atlantic British? Is there another kit option?

Question 4: I know the car will slowly come down to the bump stops soon, does it hurt the vehicle to be that way for a week or two until I get this conversion done? Does make it difficult to do the conversion if itís come down in height (probably a dumb question as I think it doesnít, but I wanted to check)

Again, thank you very much in advance for your help!

2005 LR3 HSE

Last edited by discoFreddy; 08-18-2019 at 08:07 AM. Reason: grammer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Help

I’m clueless about how or where I can post some tech issues that members may be able to help me figure out
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

Hello... any help would be much appreciated.

2005 LR3 HSE

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 08:16 PM
very disco

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
do you have the 4x4 display? check for erratic readings regarding wheel position, if you can.

if the SAS needs to be calibrated, that can also affect the EAS. try starting the truck and turning the steering wheel full lock left and right.

do you have any diagnostic equipment? a foxwell can be had cheap and prime/sameday from amazon, and will pull codes... not that they're a definitive answer, but a good starting place.

2003 Disco 2 SE7 - going to be buried in it
2006 RR Sport HSE - project
1997 Disco SE - SOLD
2003 Disco 2 SE7 - SOLD
1995 Disco SE - SOLD
2001 Disco 2 SE - SOLD
Foxwell NT510, Nanocom EVO
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. Nothing erratic shows on the 4x4 screen, and I donít hear the compressor anymore. Can a height sensor malfunction cause the compressor not to come on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2005 LR3 HSE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Discovery 3 / LR3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in