Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Transfer Case wont go to low gears

13K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  litterfisher 
#1 ·
I just recently purchased a 2006 LR3 HSE, this is my first Land Rover and this is my first post. So far i love the LR3 it has comfort and even more off road capability than my old Jeep. The only issue that i have had so far is that it wont shift into the low gears. Has anyone else had this issue that might be able to give me a few pointers on what to check, i.e(ecu relay, fuse, solenoid) I would appreciate any help. Thanks. I look forward to being a contributing member to this forum

#3 ·
no warning lights, no chimes nothing happens, I have the vehicle in neutral and i am pressing the break but when i hit the lever to move into low gears nothing happens. I am thinking it is something electrical, i just don't know where to check.

#6 ·
So i took the center console apart to get to the switch and i took apart the whole switch mechanism and i found some damage to the circuit board, so i cleaned the board just to see if it would start working again, it didn't but thats okay i think that i found the problem. Does anyone know if i have to buy the whole center module or if i can just buy the electrical module.

#8 ·
if you go to the Land Rover site, you can, for a fee, download work instructions. All repair manuals, etc, are available. Considering the persnicity nature of these things, it is probably best to have the proper work sequence avaiable to ensure you do not inadvertantly burn up something else in the process

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.