Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

White flag raised

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Globetrotter448 
#1 ·
2006 LR3 SE 4.4 - I’ve been getting the Engine System fault message for months now. Started after having timing chains, vvt sprockets, radiator, thermostat housing changed. Driving home from repair shop and CEL light came on and Engine System Fault. Pulled into AutoZone and codes were random misfires. Drove home and no problem. Reset code and was good. Week later drove to San Antonio, got on highway, braked with traffic and ESF popped up and went into limp mode. I coasted off the highway, turned truck off and back on, was fine...like it never happened. This has happened to me 5 times now...sometimes I can drive it 200 miles and nothing..other times I drive it and engine system fault, limp mode, turn off and on and fine.
Drove it to Austin last week and back..totally fine. Drove it to Austin today and as soon as I hit the brakes to slow down quick..it popped up and went into Limp Mode.
Now before you get on me about what should be changed..here is a list:
New throttle body, new MAF, cleaned MAP, new interstate battery, new alternator, new brake light switch, new plugs, new coils, new RF capacitor, LR4 taillights with resistor (also happens when LR3 talights were in)
I can’t catch a break with this truck. I’ve had it since September, bought it from original owner and I’ve put 10k into it and this is how it treats me?!
Any help would be great! Took it to 2 shops and nobody knows what’s up..also never trips a check engine light.
Was thinking it might be the transmission..like a speed sensor, but who knows.

See less See more
#2 ·
Could also be due to having wet cables from water getting into wires.
Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.