Introduce yourself (Archived) - Page 11 - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 1086 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 01:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New Member to this forum

Hello Y'all! I am not sure if I am doing this correctly. I have been following the forums for sometime now, but now decided to figure out how to sign up. Actually, someone recommended that I do a search online for parts and stuff, and this is one of the forums I found.

I am a fairly new member of the Discovery, I recently purchased a 1997 Discovery. It looks to be in fairy good shape, but needs some TLC. So, if you can maybe assist me with some of my questions I will post in the Discovery Section, that would be great. I have a lot of questions, so what is the best way to ask them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 1086 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 01:46 PM

Garage
Introduction and ?

Hello everybody, my name is Chris I'm a Realtor/Mortgage Broker in Tampa, Florida. I'm planning on biulding a Disco for expeditions and overland travel.
Which Disco is more reliable for this type of adventure a DI or DII? I own a DII and I love it, but I had lots of problems with sensors, ck eng lts and so on. Need some good advise.

Hope to hear from you guys!!!!!

Chris
post #153 of 1086 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 11:32 PM

Whats up?

Hey guys just a brief intro here, just got the G4 recently, havent even seen it in person or driven it yet, working overseas for now. Should be back home in VA in May to take the truck out. Hoping to do some get togethers in the area some time during spring/summer. So if any of you guys are from that area, hit me up so we can get an idea and work out a time line of who might attend down the road. Anyway, good to be here.

post #154 of 1086 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 06:34 AM
classic range rover lover

hello guys just signed up what a great forum.my name is peter i own a classic range rover which is my pride and joy. i hope to purchase another soon to just bang around in on the hills where i live.i'll be glad to here from any one out there ,fancies chatting about anything land rover
post #155 of 1086 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 08:00 AM
Offroader

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have been here since September of '06(under a different name) and I just noticed I never posted in this thread!

Names Rusty, I live in the DFW area of Texas(hence the name DFW Rusty). I purchased my rover back in September. '00, Disco II. and have been tricking it out slowly but surely. Custom built bumper/ brush guard, roof rack, winch, and dvd player.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'00 Disco II, custom built bumper, Voyager II roof rack.
'07 Jeep JK, 3" lift, custom bumper, winch, 35's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #156 of 1086 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 05:54 PM

Ha! This is too funny! I am actually in Rio Del Mar! I put SC because folks get a better idea of what part of the country I am from.

Thanks!

M.E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotRovr
Wow, small world... I'm down the road from you in Aptos

Look us up at www.lrrforums.com based in Redwood City

We just formed the Northern California Land Rover Club. Our official announcement is expected soon.

Will
post #157 of 1086 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 09:55 AM

Hi Guys and Gals,

Been out of touch with this forum for about 6 months or so, primarily due to work as GM of a healthcare company based in Dubai in the Middle East.

Born in Edmonton, Canada in 1953 (do the math) but lived mainly in Scotland until my mid 20's and began travelling.

Never owned a car until 22 years ago when I moved to the Middle East and it was straight into 4x4s - was a biker up till then

First Landy was a ......... Freelander, scared some people let me tell you, especially when I followed the BIG boys in their Land Cruisers and Patrols.

Currently own two Disco IIs and a 1984 Defender 90 (slightly modified)

One of my Discos is also slightly modified with the following:

2" OME Lift
ARB front and rear lockers
CDL
Devon 4x4 bumper and Steering Guard
QT Diff Guards
Warn XD9000i winch
Mantec Snorkel
LR Expedition Roof Rack (modified)
Eezi Awn awning

Long distance off road camping trips are what I am in to (with a 40L Engel to keep the beer chilled)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5305bb.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	13050  

Gordon T. Smith
Middle East Land Rover Nutter
post #158 of 1086 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 04:44 AM

Hi all,

brief intoduction for you all.
Im based in Manchester England, been into landrovers for about 10 years and had now on my second series 3 and second Discovery. I normally use the UK landrover forums for help and advice but I found you guys after searching for info about adding onboard air to my TD5 Discovery. Not a lot of info in the UK on the subject.

Cheers
Matt

Disco2 TD5
Series 3 SWB
post #159 of 1086 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 04:56 AM

Welcome guys.....

"All those that believe in Telekinesis, Raise my hand'

"If I wanted a Hummer, I would call your girlfriend"

Rovers
97 Defender 90 Soft Top
2005 LR3 HSE
1956 Series 1 107 Tow Truck
post #160 of 1086 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 05:55 AM

Newbie...

I have finally gotten around to going to where I have long wanted to be; bought a 2005 LR3 V8 SE. Some years ago my career took me to living in England for awhile and I fell in love with all the old farmer Land Rovers and have lusted ever since. I'd buy one of those old dogs now, but I really need to travel long distance and opted for the comfort instead.
I have never tried "off-road" driving! Now I have raced with SCCA in a variety of cars, done ice racing, raced Karts on speedways, rallied and spent several years maxing out my cars on the German Autobahns. Also spent four winters in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan. Just never did off-road! Really looking forward to this new experience.
Only downside so far is this thing ate it's Wranglers in 16K miles! I went to the Avon and plan on lots of rotations and alignments. Any thoughts on this?
post #161 of 1086 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 07:16 AM

I just read this thread before posting a hello myself and now I feel, like totally old or something, you know.
post #162 of 1086 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 05:18 AM
unclelandrover

well, uncles are landroverenthusiast malaysia <lrem> chief....try unite a small groups of landrover enthusiast in malaysia,enjoying landrovering as a hobby ....extended our activity to charity and social responsibility....disaster units volunteer of malaysia red crescent society and enviromental protection watchdog.......esp. our 500 million years old rainforest...promoting recycling.....green earth ! photo shown 1959 my dad driving his series one landrover,ex british army vehicle,as a daily family commuter cum workhorse.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2611449_1_full.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	13334   Click image for larger version

Name:	logo%20006.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	13335  

LANDROVERING IS A LIFETIME PASSION,LANDROVER FOR LIFE!

post #163 of 1086 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 07:56 PM
In the dark, every chance I get...

Newb...

Hi folks... Figured I'd better pop in and introduce myself.

My name's Jason and I live in NW Arkansas. I've been a LR admirer for years and finally took the plunge with a '00 Disco II. I love it so far. This weekend I dropped in a 2" OME suspension and I'll be buying new rubber this week.

I use my rover to get beyond most folks so I can enjoy my hobbies - caving, hiking, paddling, and generally screwing around in the woods. See you good folks around...

Regards,
SpeleoRover

'00 LR Discovery II
OME HD 2", 267/75R16 BFG TA KO's
& All the cave gear and coffee I can haul

post #164 of 1086 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 11:36 PM

hey my names alex im 21 and i don't even own a rover........yet
been lurking about on these forms for awhile trying to gather some info on what i hope to be my next auto purchase, and strolled upon this tread figure im going to be sticking around so thought id say hey, also im surprised at
how young the alot of the members are. guess with the price of the rovers coming down they are becoming more of a toy, which is basically how i see them as i have another car for a daily driver. oh yea and my favorite beer would have to be........a tie between guinness(winter) and moosehead(summer)

side note ive read about ppl going to all these cool places and driving their trucks around(which is awesome) but please say atleast a few of you went mountain biking(my true passion) especially if you were in moab.
post #165 of 1086 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 07:51 AM

hello

hi everyone , my name is Martin, Im 25. I've been into Land Rovers now for some time and will be picking up my 6th one on Saturday. This one will be the first 'joint' Land Rover between my girlfriend and I

It's a 1997 Disco XS in Black
It's going to form a platform for us to build an expedition vehicle that can drive us to the girlfriends parents house in Ghana and back again.

I've done a lot of serious off roading before, but this is my biggest challenge yet....bring it on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rovers Only Other > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in