Introduce yourself (Archived) - Page 2 - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 1086 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 06:52 AM
Rocky Mountain High

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi my name is Funrover...................... I like rovers and boobies..LMAO!!!

Don't Take Life to Serious, You'll Never Get Out Alive

"Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Colorado's own 'jacked up little kid' is Funrover. And he's usualy in the springs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 1086 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 10:20 AM

Hello, My name is Allan im 20 years of age and I am a RoverHolic.... lol I currently own a 1994 discovery OME HD springs and shocks. i live in florida where the dumbass lovebugs are swarming us right now.... i go to valencia community college, i am in my last semester and will be joining the Air Force when i get my AA and um..... i like long walks on the beach....

-LRDisco94-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 1086 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 10:31 AM

Hey guys! I've been on here a while.. but since everyone else is updating their introduction.. I'll do it too.. I tend to lurk a bit more than post but wanted to say you guys have been very helpful with info. I would suggest to the new guys to check out the search feature on this site.. it rules. My favorite mod so far has been a AAA membership.. I highly reccomend one. Haven't had to use it.. but it does put me at ease that it is there. My D1 is as stock as they come.. Not really looking to mod it much.. at least not on the exterior.

I just found out that I won't be going to MAR this year.. which really stinks.. but at least I have the spring rally to look forward to

Anyway, Welcome new dudes! & thanks old dudes.

EDIT: I'm 34, Married. no kids, not yet. 3 cats & a dog.

Current: 1998 D1
Ex: 1992 RRC (long gone)

Last edited by Aaron98Disco; 09-29-2006 at 06:05 PM.

post #19 of 1086 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Workin' and Wheelin'...

Well, I have been a member since December, almost a year, so I consider myself to be new.

Patrick Albaugh, 18...going to be 19 on November 12. Then going to Canada to try out my first bar that same weekend.

Had my 95' RRC LWB since December. Has come a long ass way from what it was, and I still am building it.

I go to school and the University of Northwestern Ohio. Going from my associate's in Automotive Technology, then I plan to work at a Land Rover dealership, possibly in CO.

And I am with Funrover (Aaron) on what he said. LMAO

Pat Albaugh, Midwest Moderator

"Diffage" -the point at which the truck's differential makes contact with the ground.

Visit my RRC and others here!(updated as of September 15, 2006)

1995 RRC LWB

-LT265/75R16 Pathfinder All Terrains
-RTE 2" Lift Springs
-Pro Comp ES9000 Shocks (from DAP Enterprises)
-KMC Front Diff Guard
-4 Desert Fox 55 watt Lighting
-Radio Shack CB Radio (never know when signal fails on a cell phone)
-2 Halogen Super Sport 100 watt forward lights
-Custom slim style front bumper w/ integrated bull bar
-Lowe's Special "Homemade" Snorkel
-T-Case out of an 92' RRC
-Custom full length roof rack
post #20 of 1086 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i had no idea how many young people are out here on the land rover forum...i'm impressed
post #21 of 1086 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 01:34 PM
Large Land Mammal

I have to agree that young people owning Rovers is pretty cool.....I'm 36, married, dog and lucky to have found a small house for 8 million or whatever it cost out here in the overpriced west (CA).....

When they put in the dealership and I had to drive by it daily, I almost died....and I convinced the other half that the used RRC was better than a 8-20k motorcycle....

I would have had one sooner, but was after the Defender, but when I met a neighbor with a RRC and a forward control, I got turned onto a classic...which works well with wife, dog and soon to be baby.....Now if I can just get the sliders and roof top tent past the accountant, I will be happy.

And I guess I should expand.....88 RRC in Green with Truxis tires, Surco rack, stock brush guards, 2.25OME HD's and Bilstiens and 180k on the oriiginal engine / trans...previous owner set me up nice and solid.

If anyone has a tip for mounting a 2" recvr hitch between the frame rails so I can carry a hitch mount winch for front/back use, let me know.....
post #22 of 1086 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astateofmike
I have to agree that young people owning Rovers is pretty cool.....I'm 36, married, dog and lucky to have found a small house for 8 million or whatever it cost out here in the overpriced west (CA).....

When they put in the dealership and I had to drive by it daily, I almost died....and I convinced the other half that the used RRC was better than a 8-20k motorcycle....

I would have had one sooner, but was after the Defender, but when I met a neighbor with a RRC and a forward control, I got turned onto a classic...which works well with wife, dog and soon to be baby.....Now if I can just get the sliders and roof top tent past the accountant, I will be happy.

And I guess I should expand.....88 RRC in Green with Truxis tires, Surco rack, stock brush guards, 2.25OME HD's and Bilstiens and 180k on the oriiginal engine / trans...previous owner set me up nice and solid.

If anyone has a tip for mounting a 2" recvr hitch between the frame rails so I can carry a hitch mount winch for front/back use, let me know.....

Man, have fun with those interco's. they're sick tires!! One thing though, rotate them as much as possible!! They will wear down extreamly fast, and they're too good of a tire to only last 15k(as in my case). Those tires will get you through just about anything with a locked center diff and good driving. Their sidewalls are probably the stongest I've ever encountered for a road tire also. Beat the hell out of them but show them the respect they deserve. Good luck!

AHO Rugby, a drinking club with a rugby problem.

"My experience through life has convinced me that, while moderation and temperance in all things are commendable and beneficial, abstinence from spirituous liquors is the best safeguard of morals and health."
- Robert E. Lee
post #23 of 1086 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 02:08 PM
Hillbilly Raider

God i think i am in toyboy heaven!
i am 42 in November, been married for 20years , have an 18 (soon to be 19) year old son and a 15 year old daughter!
Live in West Sussex UK
have 2 LR's
Tombraider 90
Series111 200tdi county cabriolet.
Mandy.

A not quite over the HILLbilly

post #24 of 1086 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 11:09 AM

My name is Russ, I live in Boston, MA which means there ain't no stinkin' place to go off-road anywhere near me, (if you know of something let me know), and I work in the marine industry. This is my first LR after having had major envy for many years. I ended up getting perhaps the least desireable disco out there: '03 Disco S. But if I told you what I paid for it you wouldn't blame me. Had it since the spring and no mods yet. It is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Ready for some numbers...
I am turning 38 on the same day as my fourth wedding anniversary and the same day one of our two dogs (plus one cat, four ferrets and a dozen or so fish) will turn nine which will be two days before we leave for MAR for part of a two week vacation which is our first one in three years.
post #25 of 1086 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 03:31 PM
I drink too much

My name is Nic, I'm 22 and mechanical engineering student at the University of South Florida. I am currently VP of the USF Chapter of the Society of Automotive Engineers, we are ranked #2 in North America in Baja SAE and somewhere in the 50's in Formula SAE. I am also currently creating a USF 4x4 club that will be officially reconized by the university as a legitimate student organization.
I drive a 91 RRC Hunter Edition, with 2" OME HD, OME shocks, 2" RTE spacers and brake lines on ~33" Wrangler A/T's. Custom made the front bumper, brush guard and winch mount. Which is a Harbor Frieght special 8K lbs.
I grew up racing harescrambles, cross country dirtbike racing, and now drink too and party way too much. Just moved into a 3600 sqft house along the major river running through Tampa with 5 of my buddies, we've built it into our own private bar, bar, pooltable, megatouch gambling, jukebox, kegerator, electronic dart board, fooseball, and hot tub. Needless to say nothing very productive goes on here. But its college, so we don't have to be yet.

Nic
91 RRC Hunter Edition "The Warthog"
Made a bunch of stuff fer it.

post #26 of 1086 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

Yo Nic...I got an ex and two cousins that go to USF...definately a fun crowd! I love goin up to visit (specially the ex..lol)...next time I do I'll let ya know!
post #27 of 1086 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrey2
My name is Nic, I'm 22 and mechanical engineering student at the University of South Florida. I am currently VP of the USF Chapter of the Society of Automotive Engineers, we are ranked #2 in North America in Baja SAE and somewhere in the 50's in Formula SAE. I am also currently creating a USF 4x4 club that will be officially reconized by the university as a legitimate student organization.
I drive a 91 RRC Hunter Edition, with 2" OME HD, OME shocks, 2" RTE spacers and brake lines on ~33" Wrangler A/T's. Custom made the front bumper, brush guard and winch mount. Which is a Harbor Frieght special 8K lbs.
I grew up racing harescrambles, cross country dirtbike racing, and now drink too and party way too much. Just moved into a 3600 sqft house along the major river running through Tampa with 5 of my buddies, we've built it into our own private bar, bar, pooltable, megatouch gambling, jukebox, kegerator, electronic dart board, fooseball, and hot tub. Needless to say nothing very productive goes on here. But its college, so we don't have to be yet.

That's what I like to hear. You're alright in my book Nic .

AHO Rugby, a drinking club with a rugby problem.

"My experience through life has convinced me that, while moderation and temperance in all things are commendable and beneficial, abstinence from spirituous liquors is the best safeguard of morals and health."
- Robert E. Lee
post #28 of 1086 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 03:11 PM

hi guy!
my name is Victor, im 20, almost 21now, and ive owned a 95 land rover discovery for almost a year now.

i hope this site helps me fixing it up because it was defenitly a project when i bought it, and still is.
i do wood flooring for a living, but i love mechanics and i like to work on all my cars, especially my hondas.

thats about it for now, hope to get to know more about rovers as i know about hondas!!!
post #29 of 1086 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 06:45 PM

sweet another honda head
post #30 of 1086 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 12:07 AM

HI all.....

Greeting from the Niagara region in Ontario. I just joined this cool forum, but I have been lurking for over a year now. I just wanted to say hi and that you all seem to be a great helpful bunch of people. Thanks for the hours of great reading.

When I bought my Disco (1999 Discovery II w/ace, winter package) almost a year ago, I was always extra careful driving it, being so worried something will break, or wear out 20 times faster than normal, as the general public makes LR's out to be time bombs with problems, expansive issues and headaches.

Spending some time reading these forums is the best thing any LR owner can do. Gaining trust in your LR, because now, you know how your truck works. (And knowing is half the battle! lol, nm)

Well, I bought this truck so I can do "TRUCK" stuff, and that's the plan for this hog. Hopefully my BFG mt's show up tomorrow! I'm dying to hit the trails. If anyone in the Hamilton/Niagara area wants to play in the mud.....

Seeya!

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rovers Only Other > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in