Can we get a few pointers about how to use the heat? How about pictures?
- As I already stated, remove or cover any lenses with several layers of tape
- clean the piece before you heat it
- with the heat on, move the gun around and DO NOT let it touch the plastic. The plastic gets soft and will easily dent/scar when hot. When the plastic becomes shiny, you are done
- let the gun heat up for about 20 seconds or so once it gets hot, the process goes fast.
- If you can help it, avoid or tape up painted areas
- Bumper plastic can take an amazing amout of heat before it really melts, so don't worry about too much heat...just don't touch it with anything when hot!
I did my rear bumper plastic a while ago and still looks new.
I'm replacing the metal part of my front bumper as we speak and did all the plastic pieces in my house last night. I'll post pics as soon as I get some.