Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Tank sender unit

21K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  imohar 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
after my old tank sender unit in the rear fuel tank of my 109 gave up, I got a new one.
The new one is the same like the old one ( LR part number 555846 ) and I installed it in the same position like the old one ( 1o'clock from the rear ).
But I think this is not right, because of hanging readings.
Does someone know the real direction of the sender unit ???????

Every help would be really nice !!

#3 ·
I would gladly pull my sender unit for you as I have my body just sitting on the frame right now but mines an 88:D I looked in the workshop manual when you first posted but it doesn't give any info for the 109 sender.

#4 ·
Hi and thanx!

I've all the manuals and there is zero info. Even in the package of the new unit is only mentioned to install the new one in the same position as the old one. Ha, very funny...

#5 ·
i have been searching for parts lately and yesterday came across a picture of a 109 rear tank in the PARTS manual. The picture shows the sender unit partially removed from the tank and you can see the arm. It was on the very last page of the 6th part of the parts manual. Here is a link to ALL the series manuals. pdf Land Rover Manuals | Landroverweb.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.