'93 LWB fuel pump removal, HELP! - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
'93 White LWB, 235/85R16, 2" OME, Bottorf bumper, T-Max winch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
'93 LWB fuel pump removal, HELP!

I'm trying to replace the fuel pump in my '93 LWB, but the pump I got has fuel fittings that require a simple hose with clamps, and a standard-looking plug with pins.

My truck has threaded fuel lines and a plug that I can't figure out how to un-plug, looks like it should pull UP to un-plug?

Also, do I NEED the factory tool to un-screw the retainer, or can I carefully use a hammer and large screwdriver?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 11:02 AM
Certified RRC Nut

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brider View Post
I'm trying to replace the fuel pump in my '93 LWB, but the pump I got has fuel fittings that require a simple hose with clamps, and a standard-looking plug with pins.

My truck has threaded fuel lines and a plug that I can't figure out how to un-plug, looks like it should pull UP to un-plug?

Also, do I NEED the factory tool to un-screw the retainer, or can I carefully use a hammer and large screwdriver?

I used a piece of maple hard wood & a mallet. Worked perfectly and no damage to ring. I suppose a softwood like pine could work also. Just give it light wacks & it should be free to finish by hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers,

pc

'95 RRC SWB Alpine
'95 RRC LWB Avalon
'06 E350 Sport
'87 FLST with '02 Fatboy sheetmetal and wheels
'01 Hobie Getaway
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
'93 White LWB, 235/85R16, 2" OME, Bottorf bumper, T-Max winch

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks for that confirmation about the tool, now how about the fuel and elec connections? I'm wondering if I should try to get a different pump, but I'm tempted to cut the truck's threaded (and rusty) connections off, and use some barb connectors and new rubber line and hose clamps to insert the barb connectors into the remaining rubber line and just use this clamp connection.

Also, what about the elec connection? How do I get my current connector off?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 11:17 AM
Certified RRC Nut

On my Ď95, it was a bit of a wrestling match, but it eventually came off. Iím assuming your replacing the entire assembly, not just the pump? I bought an Allmakes assembly for less than $80 from Lucky8 after two Genuine assemblies failed in less than 3 months. Those were more than 3x the cost of the Allmakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers,

pc

'95 RRC SWB Alpine
'95 RRC LWB Avalon
'06 E350 Sport
'87 FLST with '02 Fatboy sheetmetal and wheels
'01 Hobie Getaway
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 10:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
On my 92 to remove the retainer I took a pair of vice grips and clamped them to the side and used a screw driver as a lever to Unscrew the retainer

im an american i dont speak english
1991 range rover
now parts
92 LSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 12:30 PM

Pull the pump out of the new housing and put it in the old one.. you can use the old connectors and lines. use a few small flathead screw drivers to release the grips that hold it in..

Any advice given in this forum is my 2 cents, which is roughly the value of said advice!

Dan Hamren
95 LWB Beluga Black Chop Top With Roll Cage
93 LWB Ardennes Green ARB FT/ Rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Range Rover Classic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in