Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Any Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals to be had??

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  roverandom 
#1 ·
Thinking I want to take advantage of this if possible. Anyone know of any deals to be had for our RRC's?

I, for one, am looking to try and get a lifted suspension and/or black steelies with nice beefy tires? Can someone here recommend me a setup for both?

Thanks and happy thanksgiving!

#2 ·
Justin at Lucky8 LLC carries most all the different suspension choices. He's also a pretty knowledgeble guy on picking out what fits your needs I would give him a call.

Old Man Emu is the gold standard for most it seems. I had it on my first RRC and it wasn't bad. Had variable rates on the RRC Hunter and that was better.

It all depends on what you plan to do with the RRC and what things you might be adding as a lot of heavy duty gear adds weight and you want a suspension that can handle it.

I haven't seen anything for real black friday deals at the Rover Parts Vendors yet.

#4 ·
Forget the lift for now and just get a decent set of stock size or max 245/75r16 size tyres in a AT or MT pattern and see how you like it. A Range Rover is ready to rock off road right off the showroom floor, you don't need most of that aftermarket stuff until you understand and begin to exceed the limits of a stock Rangie.

That's the best way to save some $$$......don't waste it in the first place.

#6 ·
Thanks for the advice. It has a pretty good set of tires at the moment. I keep googling pics of RRC and LOVE the way they look with the offroad kits and want mine to look that way. I guess i'll just concentrate on the maintenance first and work my way there. Appreciate the feedback!

#7 ·
I'm not sayin' mods are all bad, but they do tend to be user/terrain specific. It is always best to get a benchmark of what a stock rig is capable of before tearing into it. I wheeled my first Land Rover was bone stock for years, I got stuck lots but eventually managed to keep pace with much more 'developed' LR's while I learned how to drive off road properly.

I would join a Land Rover club if I were you. Go out on the trail days and keep your eyes and ears open. Pretty quickly you will see the difference between the folks that know what they are talking about and the guys with 'all the gear and no idea'.

Carefully chosen mod's will get you further both on the trail and in esteem of other Rover owners that can tell the difference between a a poser and veteran campaigner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.