Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Error codes 23 & 44

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  lufc12345 
#1 ·
Yesterday whilst sat in traffic my Range Rover (3.9 1995) suddenly went to lumpy idle and through a Check Engine light. I have a Hawkeye and it showed two errors, 23 - Fuel Supply and 44 - Bank B O2 sensor.

I reset the errors and the car drove home without the issue coming back. Today I had a look to see what I could find. The only potential issue I could find is that the B bank O2 sensor has a count approximately double that of the A bank. I can’t find any information on the Hawkeye that says what the count relates to, a voltage reading would be of more use. I am guessing that it is running rich for some reason on one bank.

The lambda sensors where replaced with genuine sensors last year, the injectors were serviced and cleaned a few months ago, complete new distributor, new leads and plugs. Also a new genuine idle air valve.

Any thoughts????

#3 ·
#4 ·
After confusing which bank is which on the V8 we think the lambda sensor issue is coming from a blowing exhaust manifold. If i re set the ECU when the engine is cold it will run fine until it gets to operating temperature, after that it will idle too high and show a fault for lambda sensor on the side of the leak.

The fuel issue has not come back since the occasion it happened.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.