Possible to remove the sunroof glass? - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Possible to remove the sunroof glass?

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the sunroof glass and repair the tracks without taking out the headliner?

I've searched and searched - can't find the answer. I know it's simple for a P38 and even Rovers North said the tracks are the same, but I can't seem to find a way to remove the tracks.

Please help!

-----------------------
08 LR3
07 LR3
91 RRC
04 D2 Westminster Edition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
pull the headliner......the sunroof is a unit

im an american i dont speak english
1991 range rover
now parts
92 LSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 03:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikieman View Post
pull the headliner......the sunroof is a unit
Update: I spent last Sunday taking the assembly apart and glass out. It did NOT go well. Not only were there numerous little broken bits from the tracks that came out, but I broke a few brittle pieces pulling it. Even though I ordered replacement bits from Valea auto parts (the sunroof units on the RRC's are the same as the P38's - per my conversation with Rovers North)

Long story short I've rarely been defeated as I was with this project. Threw in the towel for the first time on this Rover and brought it in to the shop. Luckily they had an entire assembly sitting in their shop for 7+ years when the new owners bought their indy Rover shop in Atlanta and they gave it to me for free. Big shout out to David and Brett at Bear Valley Rover. Paid labor and I'm back in working order.

The roof never sealed since I purchased it, but now it's an air tight seal and I must admit the cabin noise has reduced significantly. Absolutely worth it. I also scored some cup holders from a parts Disco on their lot, painted them walnut brown and installed them - looks like they came standard from the factory!

-----------------------
08 LR3
07 LR3
91 RRC
04 D2 Westminster Edition

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 08:33 AM

Garage
Dosnt sound like defeat to me
But a win win
It's fixed and you got extra
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 05:09 AM
HeadlinerExpress

If I can help in any way please email me, text or Call I can answer any questions you may have with Sunroof repairs on the RRC, P38, Discoverys .I can walk any of you through the repair process over the phone. Place yourself in your Land Rover you become my eyes and ill become your knowledge. Glad to hear you got your Classic Sunroof back and working. Bill

Headliner Express
Headliner & Sunroof Repair
Winter Park, Florida USA

68 Unimog TLF-8 Firetruck
65 Unimog Radio Box
63 Volvo L3304 Fast Attack
98 Range Rover 4.6 (Sold)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Range Rover Classic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in