2011 LR4 HSE Thermostat/Cooling System Problem - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2011 LR4 HSE Thermostat/Cooling System Problem

Hello. I'm not a "CAR PERSON", so I'm going to try my best to properly explain my issue, so please bear with me. I have a 2011 HSE with about 120K miles. I have been living a coolant system NIGHTMARE! I noticed a coolant leak (puddle on the ground) and took it in to get looked at. The mechanic found the leak and from that has subsequently replaced my water pump, radiator coolant hose (it burst!), thermostat, viscous fan clutch, and various coolant hoses. A small leak has since been found in my radiator, and before I spend another dime I need to know what is going on.

I have owned my vehicle for 5 years now and it "feels" to me to be a pressure issue. The latest thing that was done was bypassing the thermostat. The water still didn't bleed all of the air out the line. It acted as if something was blocking the flow of the water. After bypassing the thermostat, the radiator was removed from the vehicle and we ran a water hose through all ports and could not find any obstructions, thus ruling out the radiator. Brand new thermostat, water pump, fan clutch, hoses, and belts.....still overheating and rough idling(limp mode)... I'm at a complete loss.

Prior to this, I had not been putting the correct antifreeze (green) in my car. Since all the work, I have (pink). I have read the correct coolant is a HUGE FACTOR in my coolant system running properly.

Please Help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 06:20 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Are you showing codes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Land Rover 4 / LR4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in