Some Serious Traction? - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Some Serious Traction?

so i was driving my d1 today a little faster than the speed limit, taking corners way fast trying to get my disco to drift (yes i know Top Heavy) but i am a fairly skilled driver, and i couldnt get it to skid. on one corner i felt the abs kick in and got it up on 3 wheels, but no skid.

my brakes do need replacing (on and off red brake light at normal driving)

So is my disco seriously that amazing that it can hold traction even at tight corners when i was forcibly applying brakes and taking corners at +40mph or is it just because i need new brakes.

also earlier today i was doing 75mph down a 4 lane road trying to catch up to a saleen and porsche (yes i know bad idea but its a long story) and some lady pulls out of a parking lot right in front of me (we are both dipshits) and i basically slammed on the brakes but no skid. and i was able to stop a reasonably good distance behind her and then she cut me off again after we turned onto another road and i pulled up next to her on another road gave her some fingers and words, whole nother story.

so is my discos traction just that amazing? my old truck could get into a skid going like 20mph around a corner, but then again it did have pretty bad tires.

and it was a ford.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 07:58 PM

Wait until it is soaking wet out, mine will slide a bit if I turn and slam the throttle down when the road is wet.

1996 Alpine White Land Rover Discovery with matching Alpine White Dell Mini 9 w/ 3G GPS mod for navi and music
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 08:00 PM

Discos are great, I sometimes take turns at 50mph, and the disco has really good traction and stability. I don't do it at purpose but once you make one and see what the truck does, it's good. Really well built vehicles.

2003 DISCOVERY II, 60000 Miles, FIRST LAND ROVER, THE BEST!!!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco0311 View Post
Really well built vehicles.
so true man. i also found out that my disco sounds like it has a supercharger when its coasting at 70+ it sounds pretty cool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Discovery Series I

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in