Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to get some people's opinions on this. I am interested in a pre owned Land Rover. Due to budgeting issues I am trying to figure out whether I should go with a 2001 Discovery or a 1999 Range Rover. I understand the mileage on the RR would have to be higher. I like both vehicles and both are plenty luxurious for me. I am interested in their durability, reliability and which offers me the more bang for my buck(taking into consideration the age and mileage). I hunt very often, but don't do any serious off roading besides the bad terrain our hunting land offers. I am hoping someone can help me out. Any advice is greatly appreciated, I am currently a Tahoe driver but want to move to a Land Rover.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome to the madness!!!

I have been involved with British cars my whole life and I still smile when someone uses words like 'reliability' and 'economy'.

Glad you're here. Tell us what you finally buy!!!

rick / tulsa
'96 Discovery-I
Many other vehicles

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
They are 2 completely different vehicles, the Rangie is a little more plush the Disco is much better off the road.
I drive a 99 Disco 2 becase I do more off road and there are more options out there as far as modification go.
Maintance and up keep will be about the same on oth.
Good luck with your choice.
Mike J.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The main thing that worries me is the nick name "Land Leakers". Any problem with yours other than the usual maintenance issues that come with aging cars. I have a 98 Tahoe and so far it treats me pretty well. It's about to turn 100K and that kind of worries me.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Every body picks on them, the first time they see an oil leak, and I have to tell you, I don't really think thet are any worse the any other vehicle with the exception of the power steering hoses. They make up for their little leaks with their ability off the road.
Mike J.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If it ain't leakin', . . . it's dry. . .

96', I use my leaks as an indicator of fluid level and condition, yes, I love my Discovery leaks almost as much as the Discovery itself. . .Thank You, LRW

P.S. The leaks also serve as a constant reminder to check & top off my fluid levels. . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.