Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to my LR dealer to get a new bumper lamp for my lower left b/c mine had a crack and was retaining water. I gave them the VIN over the phone and the year and model. They brought the part up as a Clear Indicator/Red Fog Lamp... ANY Disco freak knows that no 2002 Discovery SE, even WESTMINSTER edition came with a clear rear indicator. It wasn't till 2003MY that the bumper lights became clear for the reverse light alongside the fog light, and the turn signals went up top.

So I took the new clear one, and got the right one as well...thought it would look sporty, and also ordered a amber/red one replacement as well, so I can switch it up when I feel like it.

One small problem, the bulb for the turn signal is clear, and is technically illegal in my state to have clear turning indicators, and is kinda ugly anyways. So I need to know if anyone knows of any place that sells the 12v/21w AMBER bulbs for the bumper... I've checked NAPA, Acme, PEPBOYS, ACDELCO, Etc... any help besides online ordering? b/c LR dealers do not have them.

ALSO...IS IT POSSIBLE TO DO A 2002 TO 2003 COMPLETE TAIL LAMP CONVERSION? MAKE THE REAR BUMPER BE REVERSE/FOG, AND UP TOP BE THE STOP/PARK, AND TURN SIGNAL? ANY ADIVCE WILL BE GREAT! THANKS!

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
How much was for the lights ?

Casue I want to do that . Change the turns signal housing to clear . And I can't find them on ebay or any disco in the scrap yards .

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
DiscoBoi2002 said:
they were only about 46/ light from the LR dealer in CT. not too bad considering what their wiper blades cost! lol :)

Cool
I have two dealers to chouse from in My area of CT .

One is in Milfrot , and other one is in Gilfort area . Bouth are nice trip away from my hose in oposite directions .

·
Registered
709 Posts
DiscoBoi2002 - it is possible to do the lamp conversion, You will have to replace the connectors and rewire the reverse and turn signal lamps. I plan on doing this conversion in a couple months, if your not in a rush I plan on taking pictures and diagraming the work to post.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tail Lamps 02 To 03

ibjettin said:
DiscoBoi2002 - it is possible to do the lamp conversion, You will have to replace the connectors and rewire the reverse and turn signal lamps. I plan on doing this conversion in a couple months, if your not in a rush I plan on taking pictures and diagraming the work to post.

REPLACE WHICH CONNECTORS? AND HOW DO I GO ABOUT REWIRING IT AS WELL? JUST STRIP AND SNAKE THE WIRES? LMK IF YOU HAVE ANY ADD. INFO...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome! I can't wait to see the info. I am thinking of just getting rid of my '02...it likes to leak a lot...but that's apparently what we all paid for.

I'm thinking an '04...the '03's apparently didn't have all the kinks worked out? and I guess so far the '04's have been doing well...so says the service crew at the "local" dealership. Maybe get an LR3? IDK...

Talk to ya soon... J~

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey ibjettin~ if you're not too busy can you send me those pics and info on the rear light conversion....

also...where can i get my hands on a pair of those G4 rear upper lamp guards? i hate the regular ones...

Jon~

·
Registered
709 Posts
Hey there Jon,
I don't mean to be a flake on getting the info to you.., I wired them and can't find my notes, so I am going to pull them off and make the diagram... I will have photo's and instructions posted before Sunday :drink1:

In the meantime order (2) 4 pin wiring connectors - www.painlessperformance.com Item number 70404 (weatherPack Protection Kit) They do not sell directly to the public, but they do list retailers on their site) I paid about $10.00 ea. :eek:

Also, the G4 guards can be found on Ebay and also Expedition Exchange or check with the sponsors of this forum. I do like them better than the metal ones because there's no paint that chips off...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.