Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all...My question to you is....Does anyone know if there is anyone in the Connecticut area that can do the 03/04 headlight and foglight conversion on a 02 Discovery? If you do could you pass there info along....Thanks...Mike :)

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
I can help you with it .
There is info on line and I wanted to do that to my disco , but I can't find part on my budget :) .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the info I think your talking about. I was hoping there may be someone around who could do it. I can do the fab work fine but it's the wiring that has me worried. If it was just a unplug the old and plug in the new that would be fine....Hope there's someone out there with more info...Thank you, Mike :D

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
The worst part of the conversion is making the new wiring harness. As I'm sure you're aware, the 03/04 lamp has separate hi and lo (hi beam is all four lamps) and the earlier DII had hi/lo integrated (one or the other is on, but not both). Well, I take that back- the worst part of the conversion is paying for the lamps! Dont get lamps that come off/were intended for a British market Rover though-they have a pattern that doesn't work as well when you drive on the RIGHT hand lanes.
Anyway, it can be done but many shops won't touch it.

·
Registered
709 Posts
You could buy mine, all the work has already been done :D

The wiring part is difficult, but as long as you take the time and do it right there should be no problems. Muddy Oval is correct, the lamps are wired differently and can pose a problem, but you can work with it by adding a relay. Don't cheap out on your connectors! I searched high and low for a 7 pin connectors and ended up going with a 4 pin and 3 pin. It actually worked out better since the lamps are on one connector and the indicator/parking lamps are on another. You can do the work, it's not any harder than wiring driving lamps from a box! Just get a buddy to help out and you'll be fine.

I suggest getting your connectors from www.painlessperformance.com

Also, do not buy the lamps new! They will cost you more than the project is worth. Check Ebay daily...

I have posted quite a bit on this topic on this site. You could see how it turned out by clicking the links on my signature... (Not a shameless plug :D)

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
Wireing is no problem for me . I work for a company that we constanlty are witreing fixtures etc... . Also I did some mods to my Talon with wireing .

I also Wired some electronics to my friends eclipse cause He was afriad to do it him self :) .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.