Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tailgate on my '03 D2 is locked shut and won't open by the outside or inside door handle. How can I get it unlocked? I've sprayed WD40 on outside of latch and took off the inside panel and tried to release the lock from inside the door. All of the levers move freely and nothing has come loose????

·
Registered
92 Posts
Is the lock unlock making a noise back there? Mine is pretty loud. I had my lever get stuck and ended up soaking with WD on the outside and banged on the black part...Then pushed on the door as I pulled the lever and it worked..I think it is just going to take some finnagling

·
Registered
90 Posts
Is your outside handle stuck "open" by chance? Mine has started getting stuck... I took a rubber mallet and hit the black outside cover and it got the handle to free up... with that handle stuck trying to open the door, the door wouldn't unlatch at all... After mallet taping it and (confession) "praying mantis" kicking it a few times I was able to open my door and hose it all down with WD-40
Edit: after actually reading the other posts, thats basically what they're telling you to do too I think

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've tried EVERYTHING suggested and still can't get it open. I'm driving it to the NC mtns this weekend. Maybe the dirt backroads there will jar it open! If not, I'll be back in the garage next weekend!!! :bawling:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.