Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Disco II was starting with no problem until I decided it was a while ago since I replaced the plugs and wires. So I replaced not only the plugs and wires but I put a new eginition coil's (2) in.

Now when I try to start the truck it turns put lacks WHATEVER to start. Strange thing is the flahers start going off and the only way to get them to stop is by disconnecting the battery.

Lookin gfor answers???

· Registered
1,166 Posts
My Disco II was starting with no problem until I decided it was a while ago since I replaced the plugs and wires. So I replaced not only the plugs and wires but I put a new eginition coil's (2) in.

Now when I try to start the truck it turns put lacks WHATEVER to start. Strange thing is the flahers start going off and the only way to get them to stop is by disconnecting the battery.

Lookin gfor answers???
Captain obvious here. YOU screwed something up. Did you follow RAVE to the letter? Improper ignition coil installation, wrong wire hook-up, improper plug gap, dead/low battery? Could be any one or combination. Only way to know is to start with the easy ones and work your way backwards.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I followed the manual of installation. This isn't my first time doing this job. I did it 4 years ago and never had an issues. I've looked at and checked all my wires to the coil and connections to the sparks plugs. Not a real difficult job...... A pain in the ass but pretty basic. Any other suggestions?

· Registered
1,166 Posts
Yes I followed the manual of installation. This isn't my first time doing this job. I did it 4 years ago and never had an issues. I've looked at and checked all my wires to the coil and connections to the sparks plugs. Not a real difficult job...... A pain in the ass but pretty basic. Any other suggestions?
Only other thing I can think of is that you tripped the inertia switch in the engine compartment while working on the coils. That will disable the fuel pump and turn on the flashers. Reset and see what happens. I would cycle the key 3 times to prime the system first.

· Registered
1,166 Posts
The switch doesn't need to be disconnected, just tripped. It thinks you've been in an accident and shuts down the fuel pump and turns on the emer. flashers. Push to re-set I believe.
Since you've cranked the motor, most likely there's no fuel in the lines right now. Just turn the key to the position right before start a couple of times to give the fuel pump a chance to prime the system again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.