Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03 Discovery headlights on Series I discovery?
Is this possible? I've seen some Series II disco's with the headlamp conversion... is it possible to fit them to the series I disco's?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
It can be done and requires some metal cutting.
You might want to check in with the group from Disco Web, I have seen it mentioned there.
Mike J.

·
Registered
6 Posts
s3 headlights on s1 disco

Hi there, if you check out parts by brand on UK ebay there is a company advertising front end conversions where they convert headlights, grille and bumper, they also do rear bumper coversions. They show pictures of all the conversions. Although a UK company is I presume of no use to you it's worth checking out site to see whats possible if you have the money.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Why not just invest in a set of good driving lights. For the money involved in a conversion as described, you could get a couple of Hella Predators which give out more light than anything else I know....they are awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
H3 are brighter than H4s....

RoverAsh said:
Are the newer style light any better than the original Disco II lights? Do they project more light or a better beam pattern?
Not on the Disco, but on the prior deceased vehicle, I swapped out the H4 headlights for JDM H3 Projectors and they made a most apparent improvement. Since I had to also drop in a new wire harness, I suggest that a new wire harness with direct battery connections would make a great improvement with OEM H4s or newer 80/110 or higher power output bulbs on the Disco. If I can find the same wire harness, I will attempt it and bring news after the spring thaw.

Unfortunately, I have no garage and must do it on the street.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.