Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

This is my first Land Rover purchase, and certainly not my last. Overall it is giving me a great ride; fresh fluids, brakes, rotors, etc.. however I am having an issue with the Air Ride.

When I get in, my disco is usually at access height; if this is the first time I have driven it in the day, it usually rises up without an issue.. Now, more often than I would like, while driving it on paved road between 30-70MPH, it lowers itself to access, giving me an awful ride and refuses to raise itself backup; it also will refuse to come back up when I manually request it to with the button next to the steering wheel (the chime will sound, instrument panel will flash, but nothing happens.)

Sometimes, the air ride will survive an entire trip and not give me any issues, (so far we are on day 2 at max height without ANY lowering) but typically, turning the engine off and making a short trip into a store will cause it to set back down and it won't be able to rise back up for a few hours of being turned off.

I have checked the hoses, the compressor and the air springs, And I have not found any leaks. Other than the ride height regulators, I'm not sure what the issue can be.

So all in all, what could be causing my discovery to lower itself to access while driving (on paved road) AND parked.. And what could be causing it to fail to raise up?

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Hi, if you want to rule out things, when it's on normal height unplug all the connectors in the compressor housing(the ones in the valves have retaining clips) , the SLS warning should be on in this case dont bother with it but if there is no leak the vehicle will stay on level for many days then you know it's a management issue, if it drops this way it's most probably a bag leak cos these have the ability to seal themselves intermittently though it's unusual to drop while the engine is running unless the compressor is also warn cos it overworked to compensate the leak

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
If you guessed it right and you'll end up replaceing the sensors disconnct the battery before you unplug them then you might not need recalibration(which means involvment of a dedicated tester)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have found that it will now only stay level while parked, And even then, its questionable. I was certain it was the sensors, but now I'm thinking it's the air springs. I am thinking about just converting it to traditional springs and doing away with the air ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.