Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had that problem once with a rough idle and no power on a 04 freelander v6. It turned out to be a clogged cat. What codes do u have? In my expirance with the fuel systems in the freelander there are always Evap codes that relate to the problem if it's fuel related. A clogged cat will also cause misfire codes and people change the plugs and coils with no results. Scan for codes even if you have no ck engine light on! Could also be throttle body, cam or crank sensor but you would have codes for that. Hope this helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a similar issue (low, rough, unsteady idle) it turned out to be a vacuum leak, also had a stiffer break pedal. A friend of mine swears he fixed the same thing on his jeep by changing o2 sensors, I don't think that they would play that big of a role but they are due every 100,000 km

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
What DTCs do you have?

Any, and I mean ANY steps taken before determining DTCs present is throwing money and time away.

Let's not dent a truck throwing parts at it with our eyes closed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.