Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi
Check the part number, it should be WJN000080, like you say its an aluminium cylinder with connections either end. Its located underside of car towards the rear on the drivers side sill/wheel arch, its covered by a plastic box which hides the actual filter, its not visable until the cover is removed.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
scubaboy said:
Hi
Check the part number, it should be WJN000080, like you say its an aluminium cylinder with connections either end. Its located underside of car towards the rear on the drivers side sill/wheel arch, its covered by a plastic box which hides the actual filter, its not visable until the cover is removed.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Steve
How do you get the filter out of the case ? My fuel filter is hidden below the engine management system and looks impossible to remove easily. We did speak to a chap at Cavendish Motors in Chesterfield (Neil is very knowledgeable as they only deal in landrover parts etc) and was advised that the fuel filters are not changed regularly, usually at the 60,000 mile service or so.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fuel filter removal

Is your lanrover a around a 03 plate td4 if so it should be behind a plastic cover by the drivers side rear wheel arch.
It not an easy job to change. even after removing the cover it is still inside an plastic sleve held in by two clips,even after removing the clips its still a very tight fit in the sleve.
took me at least an hour to change.

Regards
td4.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,

Could you please tell me how you managed to get your filter out. My cylinder filter is a very very tight fit. I spent hours trying to figure a way to get it out, I tried pushing and pulling but it won't move at all. The manual says to simply slide it out and that's all. Is there a technique to pulling it out?

I have a freelander sport premium, 54 reg. I've had it from new and I've done 30,000 miles so far.

Regards
Turan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.