Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
'03 Headlights in '95

I found out tonight that the bulb holder in my 95's right headlight is completely busted, and I need a new headlight housing. I was flipping through some parts, and ran across the headlights from an '03 Disco that look quite nice. They'd obviously require a good bit of modding to fit, but I was wondering if anyone's done anything like this? I think it'd be worth the extra cost of the light housings if it's a feasable mod, if for no other reason than to not have to explain the details of the marker light system to smart-ass cops who think I have a bulb out :)

[EDIT: Instead of making a new thread for my progress on this project, I'll just recycle this one]

·
Support Our Troops
3,667 Posts
I thought about doing this to my 97, but not only do you have to cut the plate out behind the light housing, you will have to make mods to the front fenders as well.

I might still mess around with this during the early sring of next year when I will have the time to do it right.

·
Support Our Troops
3,667 Posts
If you look at the D1 fenders around the light housing they slant down. On the 2003 D2 the fenders are a straight cut. You would have to cut the fenders some to square them up. Not sure if the fenders interchange between the D1 and D2, or what it would cost to buy the fenders and then have them painted.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, tonight I made some progress on this project, for the first time since originally babbling about it. I got the schematics for the new wiring drawn up (going from 2-bulb to 4-bulb, plus converting to HID), got the parts gathered for the project, and put together a new headlight switch.

I'm converting the low beams to HID, and since they take longer to turn on than conventional bulbs, I'm keeping standard high beam bulbs. So, I re-wired a headlight switch I had laying around to keep the low beams on when the high beams are turned on, and changed the rear fog lights so they can be turned on at any time :D

The rest, I'm afraid, will have to wait until warmer weather, since my current residence has no garage. But, after endless measuring and calculating, it shouldn't be overly difficult to make the new housings fit :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.