Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay... so the drivers side window randomly stopped working one day as I was rolling it up. Wouldn't roll down or anything after that. Now whenever I push the window swith in either direction all I get is a clicking noise that comes from under the glove box. I swapped the switch with the drivers/passenger doors, as well as purchased a new motor, checked the fuses etc., - still nothing. Fortunately It rolled up completely before it decided to stop working, so I don't have to worry about the elemets coming in, but during these scorching days when I'm not running my a/c, I probably look like a panting dog! Help!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you ever solve this? I have the exact issue, switch is fine, I swapped out motor/regulator, checked fuses... no luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi mate. My disco 2 is left hand drive and so may be set up opposite to yours however it has a relay for the windows in the steering wheel fusebox. If you can home in on the clicking and find the relay (you'll be able to feel the mechanical click when you touch it) then just swap in another relay from a nearby circuit to see if it works.

Worth a check before you start pulling the motor out

Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts