Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after installing new coolant overflow tube and new coolant resovior cap (old one wasn't holding pressure) and installing a new power steering pump, today while running errands around town :eekthe heater stopped blowing warm air then soon after the temp gauge started to rise. I shut her off and didn't observe any obvious signs of leaking, coolant bottle at proper level still. I did notice the sloshing of water sound by the passenger side dash while driving last week, now this - any thoughts?:eek

· Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Air lock in the cooling system or head gasket leaking combustion gas into it, bleed the system well and get a sniff test

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After I replaced the cap and overflow hose and drove around, later on I took the cap off and there was a significant amount of pressure and air that was released, figurehead that part was normal. Few hours after that is when she got hot.

· Premium Member
1,768 Posts
It's not supposed to be more than 1.4 bar in the system which should not be very noticeable when you remove the cap... i'm affraid you have a combustion gas leak

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, positive test for exhaust gas in the coolant :frown

Really have to think here, rear air bags are leaking and need replaced, transfer case is leaking badly, and front end needs some body work, hmmmmmmmmmm.

· Registered
225 Posts
Pour that little bottle of Kseal in the overflow tank and take the truck for a decent drive so that it can set. If it's only a small piece of the gasket that came loose, it may hold for a while and you can work on the other stuff while saving up for head-gasket re-work. Now don't hold me to it, as my head-gasket leak was external and quite small. If there is a crack in the block or a liner that is slipping then a gasket sealer may not do anything for you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.