Fivespdisco just posted this video

·
Registered
462 Posts
Very good video.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Link to where to buy this kit? Cost? Nice vid!

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
I want to work at Lucky8! Then I can get a discount on parts.

Keep saying to myself, first the lift, then the tires, then CDL...

·
North GA Disco II
162 Posts
Excellent video, but I am just too lazy to take my whole console apart, so I used a 10mm wrench some nuts, bolts, and a metal bar. I just pull it from the side and I can reach from inside the rig on the passenger side.

Thats one less expense and one step closer to a Detroit Locker. :drive:

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Keep saying to myself, first the lift, then the tires, then CDL...
Personally I'd do the CDL first. Or at least the poor (wo)man's CDL lever, that you operate from underneath.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Enabling CDL is the most important mod on a DII...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Mike,

I am also looking into installing the CDL on my 2001 Disco 2. I am overseas at work and am not able to watch the video but will when I return to the states. I also read something somewhere about some of the disco's not having CDL nipple. How do I find out if mine has it or not? Also, If it does not have it, what will I have to do?

Best Regards,
Jeremy

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
ditto. i've felt like a tool a few times before i did this. it really makes a 180* difference:clap:

Yea, this is wierd, I feel like a gift fell from the sky. I had no idea this existed (I thought I knew alot, for a girl!) but the more I am here, the more I learn....

Finding D1 linkage is so easy and cheap compared to the cable option, I paid almost nothing and will gain tons in return!

Oh yes,,, this project just got pushed ahead of the lift and tires. Maybe I will do my own install video, with steps etc... Sorry LuckyEight girl....maybe I can get my hot friend to help???

·
laments the death of industrial strength soup spor
1,382 Posts

Yea, this is wierd, I feel like a gift fell from the sky. I had no idea this existed (I thought I knew alot, for a girl!) but the more I am here, the more I learn....

Finding D1 linkage is so easy and cheap compared to the cable option, I paid almost nothing and will gain tons in return!

Oh yes,,, this project just got pushed ahead of the lift and tires. Maybe I will do my own install video, with steps etc... Sorry LuckyEight girl....maybe I can get my hot friend to help???[/B]

hell.. a girl that rovers, wrenches, has a trail bike, and snowboards... thats pretty damn hot right there in itself;) unless your a big ole butch that is haha. (disclamer..no offence to any of you big ole butches:rolleyes:)

·
Registered
124 Posts
That girl in the video is my wife so lets try to show a little respect! And justin is close friend of mine. We just finished his D2 today wait till you see that thing! Amazing i have picture email me if you want some. First min we finished it he put it ontop of a car!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am about to go to a nice path in Lower AZ I have driven offroad many times and rocks too but an automatic is different for me my transfer shifter is stiff wont budge what is or should I do I am a mechanic but afraid of that part of the vehicle Cost?

·
Registered
89 Posts
nice>>> but dose installing the CDL effect Anything else? like TC or there is some thing Unusual effect the cars Movement?

·
Registered
89 Posts
hi mike. i have 2003 discoII>>>dose the cdL ur refering to fits my car?? is it true that i have to change my t-case??pls replly

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
hi mike. i have 2003 discoII>>>dose the cdL ur refering to fits my car?? is it true that i have to change my t-case??pls replly

Your Disco did not have the CDL parts offered that year. You would have to change the transfer case to have the CDL option.

·
Registered
89 Posts
OK>>>>dose the CDL operates Electronically in low range in my discoII 2003??how?
Because I can not believe that one day land rover will cancel this option!!
land rover of course will Provide an alternative in this case!!??what is it?? and how dose it operates??

1 - 20 of 31 Posts