Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Your Disco did not have the CDL parts offered that year. You would have to change the transfer case to have the CDL option.
In fact my 2003 disco have this Stickler Shows that CDL is Available (as the attachment shows!!!) but the shifter dosen't go to the left?? I tested the mode button to Activate CDL?after the S sign appeared it's Seems that CDL is working!!:clap: but im not Sure yet!!!!.:confused
I Also heard from the dealer that it's Optional on 2003 discos to have CDL not all of them missing the CDL.
Can anyone confirm this Idea??:eek:
disco mike i know Ur the man for the job?? can u replly??

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
dude crawl under it and feel at the the front of the t case just above the front drive shaft output and to the drivers side if there is a bolt or a "nipple" (sitcking straight up) there, it is possable that you have one. how ever i highly doubt that you do. very few came with them and the sticker means jack. i to have a 03 with the sticker but no cdl till i fixed that. yes you will have to replace the whole t case or the parts out of one. (recomend the whole thing) this is totaly worth it in the end!!! look at this and it should explain. http://www.landroversonly.com/forums/f40/cdl-kit-install-instructions-32719/

·
Jake.B.
12 Posts
I have a question. I can't get my current lever to move at all. . . is there an electric switch or something that automatically engages that enables the lever to shift? If I do this mod, will I have the same issue??

·
Registered
454 Posts
2002 like '03 and '04

I thought I read somewhere that the 2002 doesn't have the mechanicals and that the TC has to be upgraded? And if all I need is a cable then I've read that the D1 cables work and also the 2004?

·
Black Rhino
54 Posts
CDL check my nipple

I have an April '01 DII, would this picture indicate CDL 'able ?

:confused

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have an April '01 DII, would this picture indicate CDL 'able ?

:confused
It looks like all you need is the shifter/cable bracket, your internals are good to go. We're not so lucky I just crawled under and didn't feel anything but a nice ring in the case where I guess the shift linkage would go.. :bawling:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do you need to do all this with a 2003 to make all weel lock? I know with my 97 I was going to do it but never got around to it. Jay

21 - 31 of 31 Posts