Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have replaced my Tstat and flushed my coolant. i have the waterfall sound and i have tried to correct that but with no luck. i still have the waterfall. i am now overheating as well. i have put fluid back in but it seems to do it again every now and then. Today it did it and i put fluid in and drove it home. my top hoses at the T intersect, that connect to the Tstat are hot while the one below the is cool to the touch. is t overheating because the Tstat is bad or something else.

someone please help. i can explain more if need be just thought this is a good start.

· Registered
4,797 Posts
Yo almost certainly have either a compromised block, or bad head gaskets.

Check for combustion gas in the coolant for a more definitive answer.

Snap-On part number GDCT16, $88.50 from your local dealer.

If you need head gaskets, I have the sets in stock for $205 delivered, including bolts and O-rings-AND, I'll walk you through the repair.

27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
to give you more info on the Disco. i bought this used and the guy i bought it from didn't know much about the history. so i decided to do a 60,000 mile tune up on it. when i changed the coolant i switched to Derox G-05. got the dex cool out of there. when i drove it home after that it sprang a leak from the y portion of the Tstat. I put water in it and put a different clamp on the hose. drove to a friends house and it did it again i saw that the clamps broke. changed the clamp and then added more water. now my ratio is more water then coolant. about a month later the disco overheated while the wife was driving. she pulled over and let it cool. put water in it and got it home. and had it sit. checked anything and everything i could. the tool and test tools that i have to use are in a shop. i live in germany and doing things in the drive way are not allowed. but now i drove the disco and it was good for awhile longer. then yesterday it overheated again so i drove slow to the shop. did a pressure test that i heard about the and the guy there i only needed a little pressure in the system. so that was 7lbs. i think i needed more. the pressure held for 30 mins then i took it off. a different guy came a looked at the system he felt the hoses and said that the lower rad hose was cooler then the others. i felt them and he is right. was going to do a compression test but didn't have the time the shop was about to close. drove it home and a couple miles from home it started to over heat again. i had the heat on full. it cooled down as i pulled over so i drove slow to the house and it did fine. so now i am up for anything for the Disco. wife is saying for me to put it in the shop and have someone fix it. like take it to the dealer.

27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so an update on the my disco 2.

i took it to a shop to have them do a pressure test, hydrocarbon test and a compression test. The pressure test was first and when it was hooked up a leak came out of the lower right side of the rad.
when i took it in there was no leak so might have been a weak point don't know.

but that got replaced and now on to the hydrocarbon test. the liquid turned from blue to green. so there is a little in the coolant. it did not go from blue to yellow so that is good.

drove it home and then the next day started to overheat again. No leaks just overheating. Looked at the coolant level and now there is none in the reservoir. totally empty.

the coolant has to be going somewhere. there is smoke coming out of the tail pipe but only when i idle, not when it is going. there is a misfire in cylinder 4.

will check the spark plugs to see if they are wet and will put that on here as well.
just asking for any insight on this matter.

i believe it is a HG issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.