Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 2005 LR3 out of the shop for a broken suspension.. Had it running great for about a week until I noticed some white smoke coming from the engine after parking the car. Shortly after, when driving home, about 20 mins into the trip, I noticed a fair amount of sluggishness when going up a long gradual hill leading home. I barely made it, and when I parked the white smoke came back with a bit more vengeance. The next day I popped the hood and noticed my coolant was completely empty and the oil pressure gauge way down in the blue. I gave this cable/tube a tiny waggle and noticed it seemed pretty faulty.. Could this be the culprit?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts, I'm a novice mechanic, but rather hard on cash and would love to avoid the shop fees! Thanks again!

James in Seattle

Attachments

·
1,854 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure. I just have some grocery-store-bought coolant, and I only put a little in to see if I could track down the leak. I've read you're only supposed to use special coolant so I wasn't too comfortable topping it off. But maybe tonight after work I'll go ahead and try that and see if it's still sluggish, assuming the generic coolant won't ruin my engine. ..?

It sure would be a holiday miracle if simply replacing the bleed valve brought my car back to normal, I really hope it's not some bigger problem!

Thanks for the help so far,
James

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.