Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 06' LR3 has been randomly shutting off. It has happened while parallel parking, idling, and just recently while driving 25 mph. I have taken it to the dealership and they seem to not be able to determine why it keeps shutting off. It does not store a code and no dash indicator lights illuminate before, during or after it shuts off.

I have had the throttle body cleaned, battery replaced, AC compressor replaced, belt and tensioner replacement. The dealership technician informed me they ran a fuel test and said my engine is running a little "rich" but nothing that would warrant a problem.

What could be the cause of my problem?

·
Registered
55 Posts
What happens after shutoff ? All lights on on dash ? You stop and then start again ok ? Temp is normal ? Fuel pump could be flaking out. Or electic cut to the ignition system - Id work back all the relays/fuses from coils back to ignition switch. Id try good indie if dealer cannot troubleshoot this - no codes thrown should rule out a lot of things ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.