Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
06 sport 80k miles.
So the suspension light came on. Shortly after every time i hit a bump i could hear short fast sshh sound... after a longer drive 15 miles the light would come on. I figured it was a leak in the driver front air bag.
Because i procrastinate when it come to doing my chores i'm pretty sure i burnt out my compressor. :clap:

One day i noticed that the compressor stayed on after i turned off the car.
I thought it was odd so i turned it back on then off again to see if that did the trick. It still stayed on. i drove it and figured maybe a short trip will reset it or something(hopeful wishful).

Then i noticed on my short trip that the ride got real bumpy.
When i got home i turned it off then turned it back on again.
I could hear that the air compressor was not on.

I was in denial. so i did the jump trick to see if the compressor was good.
Nothing happened. i went to the local dealer and purchased the relay. Nothing.

I ordered a new air bag and compressor. Should arrive shortly tomorrow.

My question....????

If one of my compressor burns out does that mean the others will not turn on ?

Now as soon as i start the engine 5 seconds i hear a chime and normal ride height only and no sound of any compressors turning on. is that normal when one goes out?

Any feed back is appreciated.

·
Registered
55 Posts
There is only 1 compressor - and yes you can burn it out if you drive with a big leak. Could you hear/see leak in spring that you are going to replace ? What is condition of rubber air bags on the rest of the springs ?

·
Good Ol' Sport
12 Posts
Yes, one compressor. I've had mine replaced but still get periodic 'suspension fault' messages with no apparent issues with the suspension while moving or at rest. I do hear the compressor occasionally after turning off the engine.
BIG NEWS (I think): I was told my LR service guy (non-dealer) that the LR has a new/upgraded compressor for our Sports as the old ones failed often! Went back to dealer and they would not rule in my favor regarding my multiple visits regarding suspension trouble codes. The new compressor bulletin was released a month after my last visit but I did not find out about it until 13 months later - 12 month service warranty! :dunno::clap:

·
very disco
2,802 Posts
Is your light red or amber? Have you pulled the code(s)?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The right front suspension always lower when at rest and when I get in and start the vehicle the right front suspension rising to normal height and while driving throughout my trip the air compressor comes on and turns off when it reaches normal height, what causes the one shock to lower? I have a 2006 Land Rover LR3/HSE 8 cylinder...

·
very disco
2,802 Posts
My 2006 RRS and my 2010 LR4 always lower the nose (both sides) when parked. My 2006 LR3 does not.

I’m not sure why, but it does it intentionally. Maybe your nose is trying to lower, but one bag isn’t deflating?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts