Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

A bit of a newbie here so please hang with me. I just got this for my wife about 2 weeks ago to replace our winter car that we share, amazing vehicle, we both love it to death (Tambora Flame! Hell yeah!) :D.

Regardless, this afternoon, after owning it for only about 30 miles, the driver seat went completely dead. I was actually in the car poking around earlier the same afternoon installing the Rover floormats that I ordered, I was fiddling a bit under the seat trying to stow an ice scraper, so Im really hoping I didnt do this to myself.

Anyhow, long story short, the driver's seat is no longer adjustable via the controls on the side. One button does still function, the one that moves the BACK of the seat forward or backward, nothing where your butt rests reacts to any button. Other than the seat back button, every other adjustment button on the side of the seat seems dead. :bawling: Side note, when you pick the programmed seat positions, 1 2 or 3, the mirrors DO move, but the seat doesnt, so at least I know it kept its programming. Its like the seat motors will not function.

I dug out my manual and took a look for myself. I found the 30amp fuse located at FA10 in the back fuse panel "Power Drivers Seat" was blown. I popped in a new 30amp fuse, to no gain. The fuse didn't blow again, but the seat didnt start responding either.

I was hoping there is a direction one of the veterans on this forum could push me. Id really like to have a fix on my own, even if it just gets me by for a while as our nearest Rover dealership is about 100 miles away. We cant both drive the car now is she is much shorter than I am, and the seat is stuck in my position, where she cant even reach the pedals. After getting the car, brand new tires and brakes, I just want to make sure she can actually drive it and enjoy it.

Id appreciate any help anyone could offer. I read previously that on a different model there is somekind of fuse or relay that could blow for a control box that operates the drivers seat? I dont see anything in the manual that seems to explain what that is, and I would love to check that as well. If theres any advice someone could give us, or if anyone would need me to check a few more things, we would really appreciate it! Thanks a bunch everyone!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Try pressing and holding one of the directions with the vehicle running.

They have a soft stop function built in, and if something bound up with the scraper in the wrong place or the like and blew the fuse, it may have stored that as stop point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That worked perfectly, thank you very much! Should I be worried that it might blow again, as in something is wrong? I noticed the seat forward + back button tends to not react all the time. Perhaps its shorted?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.