Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I inadvertently pulled out my F33 Fuse under hood that says Relay while truck was running. Truck immediately wheezed and quit, I put it back in and restarted the truck and it was very difficult to start. Now it seems to be having issues periodically when starting it, it also periodically drop to a low idle and then die when backing out of my garage. It also started to flash check spare tire pressure immediately after i plugged it in and restarted it and says it every time you put key-fob in slot and the spare doesn't have an TPMD on it so that's an issue also.

Any one have any ideas why it stalling, hard to start and why it is stalling out.
Thx

Here is what the fuse cover says under it for the F33 in photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Try giving the car a 'hard reset' by disconnecting both negative and positive leads from the battery, connecting the wires to each other and leave them for 10 minutes. This allows all the capacitors in the various computers controlling the cars systems to discharge. After the 10 minutes is up, reconnect the wires to the battery, positive first, then negative, then have a go at starting the car and see how it goes. You'll have to reset the windows and you may have to reset the service indicator.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I am trying the battery disconnect. The "spare tire indicator" is still on popping up after well see if it has trouble starting or stalls out. LR shop said probably need to reconfigure the computer at next oil change to remove the spare notice but they never heard of intermittent hard starting or stalling after pulling a relay fuse while truck running. I'll see it how works and report back. Originally, I pulled the F33 fuse by accident after I thought it was F22 fuse for the wiper motor because wipers would move, turned out were the wiper linkage on the motor shaft where the two attach had stripped out - (poor design), so I pulled out $ $5 JB weld and applied it vs $500 at the shop to replace whole thing and the wipers are back working great but the intermittent stalling and tough start was a side effect of the F33 fuse removal while truck was running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.