Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me which tyre companies make 9.00x16 tyres for a 101.

I know that Michelin do an expensive radial and that NanKang used to make them but I have drawn a blank on any other tyre brand that make this size tyres.

Thanks

Garry

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
I'd try some military vehicle forums for Oz, they were common on military vehicles. Although the most common used would be NDT.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information - tyres are becoming difficult to get in standard tyres or tyres that will fit rims. I am considering wider rims to open up the range of available tyres and keep the "originals" for car meets etc.

Cheers

Garry

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
That's why I like Coker. They keep the firestone military's in stock and in all sizes we need for rovers.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks - unfortunately we do not have Cokers and our suppliers do not stock those Firestone tyres. Also the speed rating is too low for the truck at 90 kph. In my company these would be illegal to put on - not a problem until something happens then hughe legal problems. I think my solution is to go to wider wheels as you can go 1" wider without an engineers certificate and put on more modern tyres which have a bigger range.

Thanks

Garry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts