Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
222 Posts
Look's great!

I've always hankered after a 109 12-seater, and I'm fond of the light green (not very common in the UK), so yours is a good choice in my books!

With a Merc. diesel and an overdrive it should fly both on and off-road- I'm very jealous.

What was involved in fitting the 5-cyl diesel? I've never come across that conversion before.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mercedes Diesel

A local garage owner here is doing it for me. He has been doing these for 15-20 years, 4 cyl and 5 cyl. He makes his own adapter parts and mates a landrover disk to a mercedes clutch to go along with it. There are some other modifications, some to the bulkhead etc. He also puts shackels on to raise it a couple of inches to clear the oil pan. Mine was a NADA 6 CYL so it is a bit better than the 4 cyl, as the engine sits a little further back. I can email some pictures if you want. I have some an plan to take some more this weekend and when he gets it on a hoist

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.