Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that some of you chaps will be well informed? So. I have BF Goodrich all Terrain T/A LT235 85R16 and I would like to know what the on road ( normall driving tyre pressure is ideal. Any comments would be great.
Thanks in advance.
Craig
110 Def 2.5TDi :bgreen:

· Registered
135 Posts
tyre pressure

hi, tyre pressure can be a problem, every retailer that you speak to has a different story on what it should be. Myself , running coopers a/t, on a light load I run them at 55 psi, on a heavy load the rear ones are upped to about 65 psi and on the beach about 25psi until one gets in trouble (being a responsible LR owner that never happens) . Can someone tell me how to use the smiley icons to the right of the 'reply to thread' section. regards from sunny Queensland Australia

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
smileys

Hi John. just click on the smiley face icons when ever :wave: you :bgreen: like :dunno: . and :shifty: dont :beer: stop :drink1: till :bawling: youve :lol: had :buttrock: enough :complain:
Craig :) :wave: :cool: ;) :D :mad: :eek: :lol: :clap: :buttrock: :rolleyes: :complain: :dunno: :bawling: :drive: :shifty: :beer: :bgreen: :drink1:

· Registered
135 Posts

· Registered
135 Posts
:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :complain: :complain: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :drink1: :drink1: :beer: :beer:

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
So now for an answer for your question. Consider 45 in the front and 50 in the rear for starteres. Look at the side walls and how the tread sets on the ground when the tires are warm and adjust from there.
As for off roading, probably 25 in the front and rear, here again see how they sit and make sure you are not loosing air from bead leaks when in the rocks.
Good luck,
Mike J.

· Registered
238 Posts
Wow you guys run high I drop to around 15 psi for sand and mud dirt with my 32 BFG Muddies not bead locks I have never broken a bead and have only suffered one sidewall puncture. You start to have major problems with breaking a bead at around 12 psi that should be the bottom most point of tyre deflation.
Adam

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.