Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering purchasing a 110 extreme for a commercial beach tour business setup as a 9 seater. 90% of driving for these day tours will be on road or dirt. Reliability will be the main factor. Has anyone had any experiences using these commercially & if so what were your experiences.
Thankyou in anticipation.
Regards,
Jason. :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Quick Question what year and how many k's

·
Registered
843 Posts
and what do you mean by "110 extreme"???

Cheers

Geo.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The 110 extreme was released in Aus in 2000 or 01 it just the newer model of the td5 with traction control and those extra bits. If it is a 01 model then 3 years of beach driving will show in the chasie some of the tour operators in queensland, fit an electronic rust prevention ( such as counteract unit) to there comercial vehicles. If so the reports on these items is that the work but never seeing the result of one on a vehicle I can not say for sure. My truck was a mining vehicle and after 2 years and 38k's on the clock it still runs well, it apears that the syncro's are getting a bit worn but other wise it's fine. but it was in the bush not on a beach. It all comes down to how well the tour operator looked after the car and if they washed it regularly after beach drives to remove the salt. the pannels will look fine but the chasie on a defender is still steel.
Adam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts