Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a phantom code for transmisson fault but when scanned with multiple OBDIIs nothing would come up (this fault came up after lowering from off-road height). Everything starts, drives, and runs fine - no issues. Transmission fault would not go away so I decided to perform a hard reset with the battery cables, which cleared my phantom transmission code. Only problem is, now I have a battery warning light with code B11DB 'Unknown Issue' that will not go away (suggested fix is to tighten battery cables -- trust me they're tight as hell).

2 Questions
1 - Can a hard reset be preformed without this battery warning light activating (ie try hard reset again with a rabbits foot)
2 - I'm too cheap to pay for a dealer clearing of the code - will it eventually go away when it realizes the battery is fine?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Possible culprit

Scoured the internet for similar issues and came across the below. Essentially, I think I may have reattached the BMS slightly off center. I'll give it a go later on a report back results!

Too new to the boards to post a link to the thread mentioned but google "Strange ending to a long and expensive Battery Monitoring System error." It's from rangerovers.net

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No luck. I did trace the BMS off the positive terminal and found two seemingly unconnected ends. Can anyone help me to understand what these are and if they should be connected to anything?

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts