Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a Land Rover bugeye but can't find much information on which is that accurate light orientation for the bugeye style year headlights and indicators.

I know they protruded from the grille. I know the grille was wire. What I don't know is the history or correct orientation of the lights and why some have older series two lights and the bugeye on the same car (other then simply for more light :) ).

Here are the different types I've found. https://imgur.com/gallery/2MdgQ The last one is the one I'm looking at buying. Would four lights ever come on it like that from the factory as an add on?

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
The Series IIA should have two headlights mounted to the grill panel there should not be any headlights mounted in the fenders. Head lights in the fenders have either been cut into the fenders(wings) by a previous owner. Or the original fenders(wings) were replaced with those from a Series III

·
Wounded Knee Moderator
1,904 Posts
Late model SIII's where mandated to move the headlights by the US DOT I think in 69. On the radiator panel they were blocked by the protruding fenders so they made Rover install them on the front of the fenders. There where many that had four lights that year, don't know if Rover installed them or dealers did to meet the DOT's requirement.

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
Dealers were rumored to have done it and a lot of folks did it as the head lights sucked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.