Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new delphi pump to replace lucas cav with leaking throttle spindle causing lack of power when warm.

removed everything, got to TDC, all marks lined up perfect. removed bad pump. installed new pump. replaced cam belt, rotated twice by hand still perfect. lock tool in pump put it dead center in the three slotted holes as old one was. got fuel to top of filter going to pump with hand primer right on, out of 8mm bleeder bolt on pump, at injectors and out of returns... Thing will not fire!!! Solenoid works... Now I know I have heard these CAV style pumps can be a bear to bleed but this is ridiculous... Anyone run into weird demons on these that make little sense? I have done pumps before on other diesels no issues... This thing is being a pig... I am pretty sure all the air is out unless there is a bubble somewhere but I am getting fuel at the injectors. I've started it 10 seconds or so at a time with a 60 second rest for 30+ minutes, boosted the battery and did it again.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.