Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sales is my 1986 Ex-Military Defender 90. I have owned the truck since 2003 and purchased it originally from Land Rover Specialty Vehicles in Rhode Island. The truck originally was built to military spec and i've incorporated some additional features to make civilian driving a little easier (ie Power Steering, LED Lighting, etc)

The truck is in great shape and runs like a tank. The truck has been stored indoors its entire life and has no rust. The truck has a few "common drips" in all the right places, (As any Landrover fan knows, Landrovers don't leak...they just mark their territory). Over the past 15 years, I've built up the truck and made many upgrades.

The only issues with the truck are:
1. The ignition has been a little inconsistent. Sometimes takes a couple turns of key to fire appears. Appears to be a wiring issue.
2. The power steering recently stopped working. It may need a new power steering pump.

Here are some of things that are included.:

Badger Coachworks Seat Covers
Badger Coachworks Soft Top
Matching Hard top w/ Side panels and Rear door (not pictured)
Safary roof rack w/ 4 mounted Hella Lights (not pictured)
Safari Bull Guard with 10K lbs Kinetic winch and Hella lights
Roll Cage
Complete Waxoil Undercarriage Protection
Power steering upgrade
Rear work light
LED Brake, Parking, Turn Signals
Tuffy locking center console
Differential guards
Dynamat Sound-deadening through out vehicle
(2) Full Size Spares (Hood mount and Rear mount)
(2) Jerry cans
Jack

$25,500 OBO - Located in Harwich, MA

Local Craigslist Ad - https://capecod.craigslist.org/cto/d/dennis-port-1986-land-rover-defender-90/6874183169.html

PM or Email me with any questions,

Chris

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,088 Posts
Looks like an interesting vehicle in an interesting market.
As this is posted in. The Classified section as a vehicle for sale, we should all respect it as that and not make it into a discussion.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Looks like an interesting vehicle in an interesting market.
As this is posted in. The Classified section as a vehicle for sale, we should all respect it as that and not make it into a discussion.
Was just trying to clarify what was being sold.
Just so people get the history right, the Land Rover has always been a civilian vehicle. It was originally designed and built as a civilian vehicle. The Land Rover had its name changed to a Defender because they released the Discovery that was also branded as a Land Rover. So they had to give the original Land Rover a name rather than just length of the wheel base.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts