Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello mates,
Have 3 rovers, but the one that I’m having problems w today is my 1987 RRC. I installed a coil and shock kit to replace the broken air bag suspension system. After I installed the 2.5” shocks and coils lift, the front lifted up, but the back did not. Never have seen this before w any truck I have lifted. Do you guys and gals have any suggestions?
Thank you,
Ian

·
Super Moderator
2,301 Posts
Might seem like a silly question.... but did you install the lighter springs in the front or the rear.
I’m asking because I have just finished a terrafirma +2 upgrade on a classic and raised it at least 2” front and back.
Truck sat pretty even/level other than a tad low in the rear BUT once I got it apart I noticed that the front springs were noticeably different-left to right.
I know that they were originally different part numbers from side to side but it was a substantial difference.
On closer inspection it appears that one front had been replaced with a rear coil???? I’m surprised that it didn’t lean🤔
The springs that came from the front are on the left in the picture

Attachments

Reactions: marlinsrundeep82

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello mates,
Have 3 rovers, but the one that I’m having problems w today is my 1987 RRC. I installed a coil and shock kit to replace the broken air bag suspension system. After I installed the 2.5” shocks and coils lift, the front lifted up, but the back did not. Never have seen this before w any truck I have lifted. Do you guys and gals have any suggestions?
Thank you,
Ian View attachment 93138 View attachment 93139 View attachment 93140
Might seem like a silly question.... but did you install the lighter springs in the front or the rear.
I’m asking because I have just finished a terrafirma +2 upgrade on a classic and raised it at least 2” front and back.
Truck sat pretty even/level other than a tad low in the rear BUT once I got it apart I noticed that the front springs were noticeably different-left to right.
I know that they were originally different part numbers from side to side but it was a substantial difference.
On closer inspection it appears that one front had been replaced with a rear coil???? I’m surprised that it didn’t lean🤔
The springs that came from the front are on the left in the picture
[/QUOTE

·
Super Moderator
2,301 Posts
So smaller/shorter springs are the front

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes sir, I completely understand now. And your right, it tilts down from right to left. It is every evident w the trailer hitch carrier rack.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you so much for the wise advice. I wouldn’t have thought of that. I have a 2.5” terra firm lift on it too.
take care,
Ian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts