Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I've had my 93 classic for about 8 years, and the drivers window has stopped working. I had some repair work done on the ECU and the other windows all work fine. I've looked for a new (used) life ECU, but I can't find one.
So, in the mean time, my questions that I'm hoping you all can help me with are:
1. Where is the window ECU on a 1993 classic?
2. Is there a bypass procedure that would allow the windows to work?
Thanks so much!
Mark

·
very disco
1,063 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

im not terribly familiar with the classic, but I think I recall reading somewhere that it’s in the passenger door? Idk. Somebody can help better there.

look for the DEI 535T (I think). I used to install car stereos/alarms/etc and I used them fairly often to allow alarms to control windows. the install is a little complicated for a novice (not saying you are) but the joy is that the windows can be operated with a simple negative trigger.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
There are two relays and a "Window Lift Control Unit' under the liner for the cubby box in the centre console. Can't find the wiring diagram on how they react to each other.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi there,
I've had my 93 classic for about 8 years, and the drivers window has stopped working. I had some repair work done on the ECU and the other windows all work fine. I've looked for a new (used) life ECU, but I can't find one.
So, in the mean time, my questions that I'm hoping you all can help me with are:
1. Where is the window ECU on a 1993 classic?
2. Is there a bypass procedure that would allow the windows to work?
Thanks so much!
Mark
if the other windows work just replace the drivers window motor, since it probably went up and down a million times (more than the others) google the rrc window ecu location..but it isnt that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts