Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
40rovercj7
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought Grover (Green Rover) with 73K and I now have 82K and he's kicking ass. I've driven it all over the state of Florida and hauled all kinds of stuff to the beach without so much as a stutter. I go to get into Grover on monday and I hear CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK and no crank... I go and grab a new battery from my garage and the same thing happens. I removed the starter and it tested bad, real bad. Got a new starter today and as I went to get my trusty ol' disco back on the road, CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK... I hung my head, and started shaking wires to see if they might be loose. I didn't see an ignition module anywhere and I'm at a loss... Both batteries tested at 70% and 90% and the starter is new. What am I forgetting?

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Check your grounds and your power lead from the battery to the starter. Make sure they are clean and free of corrosion.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Maybe the starter relay is weak and dropping out?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Methinks you possibly also have TWO bad batteries.

What tester did you use that gives percentages?

The only real way to test a battery is with a volt meter and under load.

·
40rovercj7
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The battery was good, the starter was good, the cables were good... It was the cheap end that hooks to the ACC line again. I had an issue with it before but I thought I had fixed it with the old starter. I cut the end off and clamped a new connector on it and now its firmly in place. While I was at it, I replaced my battery terminals and rechecked all my ground connections. Hopefully I have eliminated this issue!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts