Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Banned
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The check engine light came on when I was running the vehicle (stationary) to get air bubbles out of the cooling system. This was after replacing a thermostat and temp sensor.

I have searched for few hours on how to reset the check engine light both online and in the RAVE CD I got... but I am still not much wiser on how to reset a code 44 - I have info saying this is a Lambda sensor - same as an O2 sensor?

Found lots where a scanner is mentioned - but those are for OBD2 models, not OBD1?

The procedure listed here dosent seem to be working - so I presume the connection or sensor itself is bad? :dunno:
http://www.landroversonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94&highlight=reset+code#

Under passenger seat
To Clear Faults...
1) Switch Ignition ON -- Do Not Start Engine.
2) Disconnect Serial Link plug, wait 5+ seconds.
3) Re-connect Serial Link plug.
4) Switch OFF Ignition, wait for main relay to drop out (click).
5) Switch Ignition ON and check display unit for further codes to appear. Clear each as above.​

It seems the Serial Link plug is the connector that connects the code display to the vehicle?

This would be the first time I have dug into engine issues on a vehicle that has an ECU etc - Older vehicles seem to be so much easier to work on!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.