Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have research the forum, but did not found a solution how to turn SRS light off on 1995 County Classic I just bought, in order to pass Colorado emission test.
I will try to fix it properly but in the mean time need temp fix. Pull the # 11 fuse out, the light stays on no blinking.
Took the instrument cluster out to find the bulb...unless is behind the printed circuit, did not find it.
Went under the drivers seat. There is a blue connector going nowhere?
This is truck is new to me, lots of learning.
Any ideas?
Thank you very much.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Why would a SRS error code cause you to fail an emissions inspection? The SRS is the Supplemental Restraint System (air bags).

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
You can try disconnecting the battery to see if the SRS resets but I doubt you'll be that lucky. My SRS light has been on for almost three years. It was tripped because of a battery drain. Short of taking it back to the dealer for them to reset the ECU, I've learned to live with it. We have emissions tests here in CT but they only care about the CEL being on. That will cause you to fail here. I guess CO is tougher and any light on the dash is enough to cause a failure.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Paul.
I did "hard reset" twice, my check engine light was on after messing with O2 sensors and you are right, no such luck.
Colorado is tougher for some reason. There must be a way to get to the bulb itself. There are so many disconnected wires from relays left over from air suspension conversion, my head spins.
Otherwise NICE rig.

BTW,Your Disco door seals work GREAT!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
I just blacked mine out from the backside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts